Depending on your line of work, you may come in contact with power tools every day of your life.
While these tools can help you do a better job in a more timely manner, they can also cause serious injury.
Here are some of the most dangerous power tools:
- Chain saw. Used to cut down trees, coming in contact with the blade can cause serious injury.
- Table saw. With a sharp blade that is capable of producing fine cuts, you never want any part of your body to touch the blade.
- Nail gun. A nail gun can fire nails with great force, which is why it’s important to exercise extreme caution when using this tool.
- Circular saw. It may look easy to use, but one false move can lead to a serious injury, such as a severed limb.
- Power drill. Yes, it’s one of the most commonly used power tools, but even so, it can cause injury if the drill bit comes in contact with any part of the body.
While these may be among the most dangerous power tools, there are many others that can cause serious injury as well. This is why it’s important to be careful at all times.
If you suffer an injury on the job, you should immediately step away from the tool and then call for medical assistance.
Once you receive treatment and know what plan to follow to get your life back on track, you can decide if it makes sense to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. This is typically a good idea if you won’t be able to return to work right away.
Source: Home Depot, “10 Most Dangerous Construction Tools,” accessed Aug. 08, 2017