If you work at a construction site, it’s important to protect yourself. Make sure you always wear your personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow all site safety regulations. When you work around vehicles or machinery on the site, the potential for serious injury is always present. Make sure you follow the tips outlined in this post to help avoid vehicle and machinery accidents at the construction site.
Some important safety measures you can follow when working near vehicles and heavy machinery on a construction site include the following:
- Read all warning signs
- Wear proper PPE
- Try to avoid operating at night
- If operating at night, ensure proper lighting of the site
- Take frequent breaks to refresh yourself
- Attend daily safety briefings
- Practice defensive driving
- If you are a spotter, make sure the driver can see you
- If you are the driver, stop operating the vehicle or machinery if you lose sight of the spotter
- Wear proper eyeglasses or sunglasses
Whether you are the driver or the spotter, you have various roles that must be performed all the time on the construction site. Any deviation from these roles could lead to a tragic accident that causes you to suffer an injury or even death. Make sure you follow all safety guidelines and rules of the site at all times.
The tips outlined in this post can keep you safe from vehicle accidents on the construction site. Be sure to report any incidents to your supervisor immediately so that the proper steps can be taken to document it and so you can get medical treatment.